Well it’s been almost a year since I made those 2011 resolutions. Let’s see how I’ve done…
1. Be a size five
5/6 for my 5 year wedding anniversary on August 12, 2011. This one may surprise you. NOT. Hehe. But really, this is a big goal for 2011. Time to do work!
Hmmm I’d say I made it 75% of the way. My goal jeans fit on my anniversary but not to the point I’d want to flaunt them. I’m very comfortable in my size 8 pants right now so still a bit of work to do!
2. Decrease recreational and unnecessary spending. This will be a tough challenge, and I’m not going to set a specific monetary number to it. But I want to spend less, save more. This is going to require some sacrifices but I’m ready. We’re considering “cutting the cord” so to speak on our Dish Network and going with just basic cable, hulu, Netflix. It’s time to take some of those credit cards out of the wallet to prevent some impulse shopping and I really need to stop doing so much online shopping. Amazon just makes it so damn easy
dangerous. And with this I really want to stick to my menu planning.
Meh, I’d say I got about 50% of the way to success here. I’ve cut back some spending, but still like to shop and splurge. Mike and I have already started saving spending money for our August Vegas trip so that’s a positive step! But sometimes you just gotta…
3. Accomplish at least three of my fitness goals.
CRUSHED IT. From my fitness goal list I did the following in 2011:
4. Become a better blogger. I need to spend more time editing, fixing errors, doing more quality writing, etc. I just kind of jumped into the blogging world with no preparation so it’s time to get things done right.
I think my blog is better than it was a year ago, but I’m still not spending any time editing, proofreading, etc. I’ve just decided to write and not stress over it. I’ve probably lost some readers or had some roll their eyes at a grammar mistake here or spelling mistake there… but whatever. It’s my blog.
5. Be a better mom and wife. I’ve learned a lot this year about being a mom, and will continue to learn. I want to have more patience and less frustration. My husband has been a rockstar this past year and I want to return the favor and be the best wife I can be.
Well I guess Mike and Miles are the judge of this but I think I’ve learned how to better balance my individuality with motherhood and continued to learn how to be a wife. 2011 was a fantastic year with my boys!
6. Get, and keep, my life organized. I have several closets and drawers that are always a disaster and I avoid them. It’s time to tackle them. It might take me all damn year to get to them all, but that’s OK. This also goes for other aspects of my life too. I want to keep my finances organized, my email inbox, etc. Part of this goal is also to take more everyday photos.
Did pretty good. I was looking at tax stuff the other day and I have 6 different donation receipts for Goodwill. That means I cleaned and organized a piece of our house at least 6 times. Our guest room could use another go too!
7. Set small goals and rewards. It’s easy, especially this time of year, to get caught up into making big goals and become overwhelmed and set up to fail. I want to make goals for myself on all levels. I also want to reward myself when I reach some of them. You may see some mini-posts this year with my small goals.
Yes! I am really enjoying my monthly challenges with myself and also with friends. I hope to continue to do so!
So overall I’m pretty happy with my 2011 goals and outcomes. I’m excited to set some 2012 goals soon!
What about you? Did you make any goals/resolutions and are you succeeding?