Halfway through the year that is. Like a few other bloggers today, I want to revisit my 2011 goals and see where I am.
1. Be a size five
5/6 for my 5 year wedding anniversary on August 12, 2011. This one may surprise you. NOT. Hehe. But really, this is a big goal for 2011. Time to do work!
I’m well on my way. I’m hovering around a size 8 right now. I’ve gotten my goal jeans buttoned, but they don’t quite ‘fit’ yet. I really need to focus on healthy balance the next month and a half to meet this goal.
2. Decrease recreational and unnecessary spending. This will be a tough challenge, and I’m not going to set a specific monetary number to it. But I want to spend less, save more. This is going to require some sacrifices but I’m ready. We’re considering “cutting the cord” so to speak on our Dish Network and going with just basic cable, hulu, Netflix. It’s time to take some of those credit cards out of the wallet to prevent some impulse shopping and I really need to stop doing so much online shopping. Amazon just makes it so damn easy
dangerous. And with this I really want to stick to my menu planning.
This is always a work in progress but I’m definitely doing well. I cut up my favorite credit card and also removed it from my amazon and paypal accounts. I recently decided to take the Garmin Forerunner plunge and instead of 1-clicking my way to owning one on Amazon I made myself sell a few things on eBay I no longer wanted and needed to fund the purchase. It arrives tomorrow! However, I have been slacking on my menu planning.
3. Accomplish at least three of my fitness goals.
I’ve completed 1 of my fitness goals and if all goes well I will definitely accomplish 3 more of them by October 17th.
4. Become a better blogger. I need to spend more time editing, fixing errors, doing more quality writing, etc. I just kind of jumped into the blogging world with no preparation so it’s time to get things done right.
Ummm I’m not sure about this… you tell me! I’m still not much of a proofreader and I don’t know if I do anything here that is considered ‘quality’ writing… but I’m OK with that.
5. Be a better mom and wife. I’ve learned a lot this year about being a mom, and will continue to learn. I want to have more patience and less frustration. My husband has been a rockstar this past year and I want to return the favor and be the best wife I can be.
I think I’m getting better at this. I’m continually working to find the balance in my new role as a mom and continue to also grow into my role as a wife. I definitely feel less frustrated these days… but that MIGHT have something to do with Miles finally sleeping through the night.
6. Get, and keep, my life organized. I have several closets and drawers that are always a disaster and I avoid them. It’s time to tackle them. It might take me all damn year to get to them all, but that’s OK. This also goes for other aspects of my life too. I want to keep my finances organized, my email inbox, etc. Part of this goal is also to take more everyday photos.
Check! I’m continually purging closets and cabinets. I still have more to go, but I am loving the less cluttered feel of our house. I’m definitely taking more photos too!
7. Set small goals and rewards. It’s easy, especially this time of year, to get caught up into making big goals and become overwhelmed and set up to fail. I want to make goals for myself on all levels. I also want to reward myself when I reach some of them. You may see some mini-posts this year with my small goals.
Check! I recently reached my 10% weight loss goal and rewarded myself. I’m setting goals for each race I enter. I set goals for myself each work day and try to commit to knocking so many things off my to-do list. My rewards might be as little as an iTunes download… but it works!
How about you? What 2011 goals/resolutions have you reached already or stuck with?