So, there are several odd things I use to aid me in my weight loss. In the end they may only help me lose a few lbs… but that’s a few less miles I have to run.
1. Jumbo Water Mug — this beauty goes everywhere with me when I’m at home. It mostly lives on the desk in my office (I work remotely 99.7% percent of the time). This mug holds 32 oz of water and I refill it anywhere between 4-8 times a day. (Also luckily my home office is connected with a bathroom cause I pee a lot!) I got this mug from the hospital when I was in labor (hellloooo ice chips!) and it’s served me well!
2. Sweet Retainer!! — Did you know I had braces? As an adult? As in I just got them off 7 months ago? OK, well if you didn’t know feel free to read the epic tale here.
Anywho, to keep myself from snacking at night I brush my teeth after dinner and pop in my sweet retainer! When I think about going to the pantry I usually decide I’m too lazy to do the brush, floss and retainer routine again so I pass on the snack!
And I’m sure my husband finds it incredibly attractive… And not annoying at all to listen to me slur all evening. And no, I’m not going to share a photo of me sporting my retainer, use your wild imaginations.
3. Blow Pops — It may seem a little backwards to be talking about candy in this list but I’m crazy like that. Blow pops are a great snack deterrent (notice I may have a snacking issue yet?). They keep me occupied, give me a little bit of sweet and then I burn a few calories chewing the awful gum that is the end result. Cherry and Sour Apple are my favs!
4. Pandora — Like many of you I rely on Pandora radio to get me through a work day. I constantly have something playing. This may or may not spark a spontaneous dance session in my office every so often. Every calorie burned counts, right?
5. Facebook — Almost nothing can make me put down a handful of pretzels quicker than seeing a photo of me from college where I look thin (why WHY did I think I was fat back then!?). And nothing can make me drop that hershey kiss faster than a current picture of me looking much worse than I would like to. Photos rarely lie.
Me, back when I thought I was ‘fat’…
So those are 5 random things. Let me know if you have some to share with me!